Introducing CBS Austin Weather Alert Days
Protecting you and your family is our main priority at CBS Austin
Our Storm Tracker Weather Team wants to give you as much advance notice of possible dangerous and extreme weather, and that's why we've created KEYE Weather Alert Days.
What is a "Weather Alert Day?"
A Weather Alert Day may be declared when any of these weather hazards are possible:
- Strong to severe storms
- Heavy rain
- Ice or snow
- Extreme cold
- Extreme heat
- High fire danger
- Other dangerous weather that could affect your safety
In short, if threatening weather is possible in Central Texas that will affect a large portion of the CBS Austin viewing area, we will declare a Weather Alert Day to give you advance warning. We won't wait until the National Weather Service issues a watch or warning, because we believe you need as much time as possible to prepare and if warranted, adjust your plans
How Do I Know When it's a Weather Alert Day?
- We'll notify you on-air, online and on social media.
- A WEATHER ALERT banner will be posted on keyetv.com with additional information to keep you safe
- A WEATHER ALERT box will highlight the day(s) of possible threats on the Storm Tracker 7-Day, the most likely times on our Day Planner and also our Today/Tonight/Tomorrow forecasts as appropriate.
- We'll have special WEATHER ALERT graphics to detail what the threats and timing for dangerous weather will be.
- We'll utilize CBS Austin's text alerts and push alerts to communicate the WEATHER ALERT day(s).
- Bookmark our Interactive Radar on your desktop
- Download our free CBS Austin Weather App so you can track storms on the go
- Download our free CBS Austin App so you can stream newscasts live
- Sign up for Mobile Text Alerts
- Like CBS Austin on Facebook
- Follow @cbsaustin on Twitter
- Search hashtag #cbsaustinwx for updates on social media
- If you have any questions for the Storm Tracker Weather Team, email us at email@example.com
Storm Tracker Chief Meteorologist Chikage Windler