City of Austin releases list of potential sites for MLS stadium
The City of Austin has released an official list of potential sites for a Major League Soccer stadium.
Three of them are in South Austin -- including the Burger Activity Center and Butler Shores. A few are farther out in East Austin. And the most northern location is a property off Burnet and Braker Lane.
The Burger Activity Center is not city property, but Austin ISD has agreed to put this property on the table.
The new list will be presented to council in February.
Properties listed are as followed:
- St. John's Home Depot/Chrysler 7211 N I35
- McKalla Property 10414 McKalla Place
- Tommey Ballfields-1501 Tommey Road
- Travis County Exposition Center-7311 Decker Lane
- Roy G. Guerrero Colorado River Metro Park-400 Grove Boulevard
- Walnut Creek Sports Complex-7800 Johnny Morris Road
- Bolm Road District Park-6700 Bolm Road
- Tony Burger Activity Center and Stadium-3200 Jones Road
The owner of Columbus, Ohio's MLS team is currently eyeing Austin for a new location. If the team's owner does choose Austin, Columbus Crew SC could come here next year.