AMARILLO, Texas — A baby was was rescued from a burning home in Amarillo.
Firefighters were called to a home in the 3400 block of SE 15th Street around 9 a.m. Thursday.
When they arrived, a frantic mother told firefighters that her 16-month-old daughter was trapped in the house.
According to Jeff Justus with the Amarillo Fire Department, the parents broke out the window in an attempt to get the girl out.
A paramedic also tried to help but was overwhelmed by the smoke.
He couldn't see the girl, but could hear her.
Firefighters arrived on scene and pulled her out of her crib.
She was taken to the hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation, along with the paramedic.
Justus said the mom and another child made it out safely.
Three dogs were also rescued. However, one dog was found dead inside the home.
The Amarillo Fire Marshal's Office ruled this fire as accidental.