Austin Pets Alive! needs help taking care of animals displaced by Harvey
Austin Pets Alive! is doing their part to help all the animals displaced by Harvey, but they need your help.
They're expecting to get several hundred more pets this week.
APA has a temporary shelter set up for animals but they need volunteers and supplies. They're asking for everything from dog crates to kitty litter.
Full list of items needed:
- Donated (not loaned) medium & large wire dog crates
- Sheets (can be used)
- Bath & beach towels (can be used)
- Aluminum food bowls
- Styrofoam bowls
- Dog & cat food (meat as 1st ingredient),
- Wet canned cat food
- Litter (clumping and non-clumping)
- Aluminum baking pans for litter boxes,
- Cleaning supplies: trash bags, bleach, paper towels, dog poop bags, clorox wipes, sponges, hand brooms/dust pans, litter scoopers, mops, mop buckets, and push brooms
- Leashes (all size- flat)
- Martingale colors (all size)
Bring donations to the temporary shelter located at 7711 Burnet Rd. Suite 7723. Do not leave items outside.