AUSTIN, Texas — Accused serial I-35 rock-thrower Pat Johnson rejected a plea deal on Thursday for charges related to the rock-throwing incidents that plagued Austin.
Johnson had been offered a plea deal for 40 years in prison by the state.
Last month, Travis County Prosecutor Leslie Booker said Johnson wanted to confess to the crimes.
Now, Johnson maintains he committed no crime.
Johnson was arrested in June and charged with attempted aggravated assault with a deadly weapon after police say he was responsible for the majority of the rock throwing incidents over the last two years.
Several media outlets have reported receiving correspondence from Johnson wherein he says he wishes to plead no contest to the rock throwing charges.
According to Booker, Johnson's lawyer in his sexual assault case was aware of his comments and says it was all Johnson's own doing.
Johnson's next court date is December 14.