Weather Alert Days
Introducing KEYE Weather Alert Days.
Protecting you and your family is our main priority at KEYE-TV.
Our Storm Tracker Weather Team wants to give you as much advance notice of possible dangerous and extreme weather, and that's why we've created KEYE Weather Alert Days.
What is a "Weather Alert Day?"
A Weather Alert Day may be declared when any of these weather hazards are possible:
- Strong to severe storms
- Heavy rain
- Ice or snow
- Extreme cold
- Extreme heat
- High fire danger
- Other dangerous weather that could affect your safety
In short, if threatening weather is possible in Central Texas that will affect a large portion of the KEYE-TV viewing area, we will declare a Weather Alert Day to give you advance warning. We won't wait until the National Weather Service issues a watch or warning, because we believe you need as much time as possible to prepare and if warranted, adjust your plans.
How Do I Know When it's a Weather Alert Day?
- We'll notify you on-air, online and on social media.
- A WEATHER ALERT banner will be posted on keyetv.com with additional information to keep you safe
- A WEATHER ALERT box will highlight the day(s) of possible threats on the Storm Tracker 7-Day, the most likely times on our Day Planner and also our Today/Tonight/Tomorrow forecasts as appropriate.
- We'll have special WEATHER ALERT graphics to detail what the threats and timing for dangerous weather will be.
- We'll utilize KEYE-TV's text alerts and push alerts to communicate the WEATHER ALERT day(s).
- Bookmark our Interactive Radar on your desktop
- Download our free KEYE Weather App so you can track storms on the go
- Download our free KEYE-TV App so you can stream newscasts live
- Sign up for Mobile Text Alerts
- Like KEYE on Facebook
- Follow @keyetv on Twitter
- Search hashtag #keyewx for updates on social media
If you have any questions for the Storm Tracker Weather Team, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Storm Tracker Chief Meteorologist Chikage Windler | email@example.com | @ChikageKEYETV