Where to see fireworks for free this 4th of July in Central Texas
The Fourth of July is right around the corner, and we've put together a list of where you can join in the festivities and watch fireworks for free!
Here are the top Independence Day celebrations in the Central Texas area:
- July 4, 8:30 p.m., Vic Mathias Shores
- The Austin Symphony Orchestra will perform at 8:30 p.m., followed by “mile-high” fireworks at approximately 9:30 p.m. The event is free and open to the public.
- July 4, 4 p.m. to 10 p.m., Elizabeth Milburn Park
- The celebration begins at 4 p.m. and takes place at Elizabeth Milburn Park. The event will feature live music, bingo, a washer tournament, air castles, free watermelon and a fireworks display. Fees apply for food concessions, face painting, and carnival games and rides.
- July 4, 10 a.m. to 11 p.m., downtown Round Rock, Old Settlers Park
- A parade, fireworks, carnival rides, jalapeno pepper eating contest, Swifty Swine Pig Races, children’s games, Sam Bass Shootout, Movies in the Park and skydivers are all part of the City of Round Rock’s July Fourth Frontier Days Celebration.
- July 4, 11 a.m. to 10 p.m., San Gabriel Park
- The 4th of July Celebration is free to all who come to beautiful San Gabriel Park on the San Gabriel River in the heart of Georgetown. It normally attracts 4000 to 5000 people to the park throughout the day. Admission is free to the park. Around 9:30 p.m. people will populate all the parking lots and high ground to view the "Fabulous Fireworks Finale" provided by GWPyro.
- July 4, 5 p.m. to 10:30 p.m., The Pfield Stadium
- "Pfree" concert featuring music from the The BlueBonnets, SkyRocket!, and "Pfireworks" show at dark.
- July 4, 6 p.m., Plum Creek Golf Course
- The City of Kyle will be celebrating the 4th of July with a fireworks show launched from Plum Creek Golf Course. The celebration includes live music, with hot dog and cold drinks for sale.
- July 4, 8 a.m. to 11 p.m., City Park
- A Patriotic Parade down Main Street, featuring awards for the best decorated bikes. Free activities at Buda City Hall, and fireworks at City Park at 9:30 p.m.
- July 4, 4 p.m. to 10:30 p.m., Lake Marble Falls
- Live music, food trucks, and a spectacular fireworks show to end the night. Come by foot, car, or boat. Bring a blanket and chairs to claim a spot on the grass in front of Lake Marble Falls.
- July 4, 6 p.m. to 10:00 p.m., San Marcos Plaza Park
- Featuring live music, children’s parade, a patriotic costume contest, food vendors and a grand finale fireworks display.
- July 4, 6-10 p.m., 3200 Hwy 183
- Fireworks, bounces houses, food, games, music, and Air Evac will have helicopter 6-7pm, BYOB, bring lawn chairs, canopies. Fireworks will begin at dark.
- July 3, 5:30 - 11 p.m., Lockhart City Park
- Food, arts 'n' crafts for shopping, and games for the kids. Music. At 8:45 p.m. watch Sky Dive San Marcos put on show that is sure to entertain the crowds, followed by spectacular fireworks
- July 4, 5 p.m.-10 p.m., 183A south between SAn gabriel PKWY and Hero Way
- Free parking on site; food, crafts & games; live music by the Josh Abbott Band with encore show after fireworks
- Fireworks by Pyrotecnico at 9 p.m.
Did we miss an event? Send us an email to let us know!