MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

Overnight garage fire spreads, damages S Austin home

(PHOTO CREDIT: The Austin Fire Department)

AUSTIN, Texas — A garage fire in south Austin spread to the attic of a family home, forcing two people to seek other living arrangements Saturday night.

The Austin Fire department tweeted that they responded to the residence near the intersection of Salem Meadow Circle and Radam Circle just a little after 10:40 p.m.

At 11:30 p.m., AFD said the fire was out and mentioned aggressive firefighting limited fire damage to the attic of the home and garage.

While no one was injured, AFD later discovered the flames started in the garage due a electrical short in the garage door opener.According to the Austin Fire Department, the fire caused $60,000 in structural damage as well as $20,000 in content damage.The two displaced are being assisted by Red Cross.

Trending