Fireworks will close downtown roads
AUSTIN, Texas —
The annual H-E-B Austin Symphony July 4th Concert and Fireworks will close several downtown roads on Tuesday.
100,000 people are expected downtown the symphony which starts at 8:30pm and the fireworks at 9:30pm.
Not interested in battling those crowds? Here is a full list of local celebrations.
- Riverside Drive between Lamar Blvd and S. 1st St closes at 9am for the entire day.
- Cesar Chavez between MoPac and Congress Ave will close at 5pm to allow for crowds to set up on the road. Downtown MoPac traffic will be diverted to 5th St. and Enfield/5th St.
- The South 1st St bridge will close at 8pm and Riverside Drive and Barton Springs Drive closures will extend to S. Congress Ave beginning at 9pm.
- All roads are expected to reopen by 11:30pm.
Using the downtown parking garages and walking over the bridge to Vic Mathias shores is recommended for parking. Neighborhood roads just south of Riverside Drive will be closed to traffic.
- Convention Center Garages – $8, noon to midnight. Take the Cesar Chavez Promenade or the Hike & Bike Trail to the concert site.
- Hyatt Regency Austin – $5 per hour up to 5 hours. Anything over 5+ hours is at the $23 or Daily rate). 208 Barton Springs Rd.
- One Texas Center – $10, noon to midnight.
- Palmer Events Center Garage – $10, noon to midnight.
- City Hall Garage – $15, noon to midnight.
Due to the large expected crowds, EMS will have resources staged near the Long Center.
Water, bug spray, sunscreen are all recommended.