MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

Wind-blown ember ignites fire at world-famous Franklin Barbecue

The Austin Fire Department says a fire at Franklin Barbecue is now under control (Photos: CBS Austin)

The Austin Fire Department says a fire at the iconic Austin restaurant Franklin Barbecue was caused by a wind-blown ember.

According to AFD, the fire was contained to the pit area. The rest of the structure was saved, but suffered smoke damage.

They say someone was inside the building before fire crews arrived, but that person got out of the building safely.

No injuries have been reported. Franklin Barbecue tweeted that they will be closed for the foreseeable future.

AFD says the ember from the fire pit ignited combustible materials nearby. Damage is estimated at $350,000.


Trending