MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

Fire damages home garage in Southeast Austin

(Photo: Austin Fire Department)

Firefighters extinguished a fire at the garage of a single family home in Southeast Austin early Tuesday morning.

It happened at the 4800 block of Saguaro Street, South of E. William Cannon Drive.

The smoke alarm warned the residents about the fire.

Three occupants were able to exit the house before Austin Fire Department arrived to the scene.


The garage was heavily damaged, but firefighters were able to keep the flames from spreading to the home.

Two people were evaluated by EMS for smoke and were later released.

According to AFD, the cause of the fire was an electrical short and damages were a total of $50,000 dollars.

close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off

Trending