Austin's healthiest workplaces announced
The new list of Austin's healthiest places is out.
Friday, Mayor Steve Adler recognized several organizations for creating environments that promote health and well-being.
The award winners for healthiest workplaces include several big names like Seton Healthcare Family.
The Capital Metro Transit Authority was also recognized for the most innovative wellness program.
Healthiest Workplace Award Winner For-Profit or Non-Profit : (by size)
- Under 50 - Humana
- Small (50-249) - Asuragen, Inc.
- Medium (250-500) - Foundation Communities
- Large (500-4,999) - 3M
- Xlarge (>5,000) - Seton Healthcare Family
School District or Govt Organization:
- City of Austin
Most Innovative Wellness Program:
- Capital Metro Transit Authority
Healthiest School Awards Winner:
- Healthiest Elementary School Campbell Elem School
- Healthiest Elementary School Cook Elem School
- Healthiest Elementary School Murchison Elem School
- Healthiest Middle School Dailey Middle School
All winners will receive a $1000 mini grant to support ongoing health and wellness initiatives.