15-year-old suspect detained in shooting death of New Braunfels teen
SAN ANTONIO - Police in New Braunfels said a 15-year-old teenage suspect was charged in connection with the murder of a 17-year-old killed over the weekend.
According to a release from the New Braunfels Police Department, the 15-year-old suspect, from Marion, was detained on Sunday, June 18 in connection with the shooting death of Conrad Kuntz, 17. He had been shot to death in the 1500 block of Lahn Road.
“Without getting into too many details we just know they had mutual acquaintances," said David Ferguson, with the New Braunfels Police Department.
Friends of Kuntz took to social media after New Braunfels police say he was shot and killed late Saturday night.
Classmates shared smiling photos and fond memories.
One friend tweeting he "had such a sweet soul" while dozens of others sent thoughts and prayers to his family.
Kuntz was a member of the swim team at New Braunfels High School. Friends say he was part of the team since freshman year.
The suspect, whose identity is being withheld, was being held at the Guadalupe County Juvenile Detention Center. The investigation remained ongoing and officers said more charges may be pending.