Special Advertiser Content
Vitalogy - Maintaining Healthy Skin
Some easy steps everyone can follow to help maintain healthy, younger-looking skin:
- Sun Protection - use SPF30+ sunscreen, wear protective clothing and see a dermatologist at least once a year for full skin exam and the latest recommendations
- Gentle skin Care - daily use of fragrance-free cleansers and moisturizers
- Healthy Lifestyle - eat a healthy diet, stay hydrated, choose not to smoke, and manage stress
"Absolutely- there are easy steps everyone can try to maintain healthy skin. We recommend the daily use a broad spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher, seeking shade and wearing sun protective clothing such as wide brimmed hats and sunglasses while in sun for extended periods of time.
See a dermatologist for at least yearly full skin exam and also keep up to date with the latest recommendations
We also recommend gentle skin care which includes daily use of fragrance free cleansers and moisturizers
Lifestyle choices can also affect the aging process and the appearance of our skin. It is important eat a healthy well balanced diet, stay hydrated, choose not to smoke, and try to manage stress as these can all help improve the appearance of the skin."
- Everyone talks about "wrinkles" but what are some other signs of aging?
- Complexion - dull uneven complexion, brown spots, broken blood vessels
- Breakdown of collagen and elastin - volume loss, loose, sagging skin, deep folds, fine lines and wrinkles
"Excessive sun exposure can leave one with a dull and uneven complexion, brown spots and broken blood vessels. As we age there is a breakdown of collagen and elastin and this leads to volume loss and loose sagging skin, deep folds, fine lines and wrinkles."
What can be done to correct these signs of aging?
- Prevention is key - but there are many treatment options to help repair damages skin
- Topical Skin Care - a customized topical regimen can offer modest results
- Laser and Light Procedures - that are non-invasive and can get rid of redness and brown spots,also procedures that boost collagen production to tighten skin and diminish wrinkles
"As I had mentioned earlier prevention is key, but there is a wide variety of options to bring back the radiance of the skin. A customized topical regimen can offer modest results.
We also have noninvasive laser and light procedures that can get rid of redness and brown spots and also procedures that that can boost your own natural collagen production which will tighten the skin and diminish the appearance of wrinkles."