Austin Thyroid & Endocrinology - Men's Health Month
Tips for staying healthy as a man:
- Have your doctor check your testosterone level if you have any of the followings : fatigue, memory loss, lack of drive, low libido, impotence, fractured bones with no trauma, pain treatment, steroid use , alcoholism .
- Make sure your T level is indeed low before starting treatment. Treated with normal t levels may result in complications
- Make sure you understand and accept all the complications associated with the treatment
- Make sure you have a bone density test sine osteoporosis is the silent complications of low T in men
- Have a thorough check for cholesterol plaque in your heart and / carotid artery if you are over the age 40, have a family history of heart attacks and strokes at an early age, if you have high blood pressure, high cholesterol , diabetes or are obese.
- Men have the same hormones as women do with the exception of testosterone and estrogen. They need to be screened for thyroid, adrenal and other hormones just women are.